Trade Me collects personal information about you through your use of the services and the website, including:
- your registration details; and
- information relating to your use of the services and website and the content you access.
22.3 You agree that you will comply with New Zealand law, including the Privacy Act 2020, when using the Holiday Houses website and associated services, including if you are not a citizen or resident of New Zealand.
22.4 You agree that you will use your best endeavours to protect any information associated with any other individual using Holiday Houses. This means that you must comply at all times with at least the following requirements in relation to personal information obtained through your use of Holiday Houses:
- you must not use or disclose the personal information except for the purposes for which it was disclosed to you;
- you must protect the personal information by maintaining best practice safeguards against any loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure of such personal information; and
- you must promptly and securely delete the personal information once you no longer reasonably require it to achieve the purpose for which it was disclosed to you.
22.5 In the event that an individual’s personal information is lost, stolen or otherwise used in an unauthorised manner, whether intentionally or unintentionally, you must notify Trade Me immediately and cooperate with Trade Me in investigating the cause of the breach, the extent of the damage caused by the breach, and any other matter Trade Me considers relevant to the breach.
You can notify Trade Me about a breach, or let us know if you have any questions relating to privacy, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.